Question Help! Fyne Audio F302 or Q Acoustics concept 20s (with stands) or Dali Oberon 5s.

BentoBoxBlax

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any input, thoughts on the above? I really like the look of all 3, my top end budget is £900 and ideally would like a centre speaker as well In that price as I currently happily run a 3.1 setup.

My current receiver is a Sony Str dn1050 and I will be mainly streaming music via Spotify connect and Bluetooth and movies / TV via Virgin media, Netflix etc.

I've read great things of all three and really having trouble deciding. I'm leaning more towards the Q Acoustics or Dalis at present.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

All the speakers you mention review well so it's highly likely that in isolation, in your room they will all sounds suitably impressive. I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of those that you mention

All the speakers you mention review well so it's highly likely that in isolation, in your room they will all sounds suitably impressive. I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of those that you mention
I'm gussing all of them would get on well with my receiver? I will probably look to upgrade that in a year or so. Are the concept 20s still relevant as almost 6 years old now and you don't hear much about them anymore but can be had for £260 minus stands which sounds like a steal! Was also thinking of getting a sub if I go for those.

Desicions , Desicions 😩

Tbh I personally would look at either the Dali's or the Fyne Audios simply because they are newer tech. The newer 3020i might fit the bill as they review well also, Kef Q350 could be a consideration?

Q Acoustics has said the Concept 20/40 speakers are still "better" than the new 3000i serie, cause the cabinet design is so much better than what you normally get with entry level speakers, also i would assume there is higher quality audio crossover design used. If you read AVForums review and few others of Concept speakers they mention that serie competing more expensive speakers (500-600£). But let your ears be the judge.

From experience i can say Dalis and Q Acoustics will sound bit different. Fyne is bit unknown, but behind the brand are ex Tannoy speaker designers so likely very good products. Best to go listen and ask to use Sony dn1080 in the demo session if dealer has it. Richer Sounds has. If you prefer towers then i would throw Monitor Audio Bronze 5s in to the mix, same size as Oberon 5s. I would really stretch the budget to max cause you typically keep speakers long time, so make sure you search all possible options.

You might get better higher line standmount speakers for the price of lower serie towers. Example (list prices, i would always ask discount!):

Oberon 5 + Oberon Vokal 700£ + 299£
Opticon 2 + Opticon Vokal 649£ + 429£

Or even cheaper if buying ex demo pair:

Q Acoustics has said the Concept 20/40 speakers are still "better" than the new 3000i serie, cause the cabinet design is so much better than what you normally get with entry level speakers, also i would assume there is higher quality audio crossover design used. If you read AVForums review and few others of Concept speakers they mention that serie competing more expensive speakers (500-600£). But let your ears be the judge.

From experience i can say Dalis and Q Acoustics will sound bit different. Fyne is bit unknown, but behind the brand are ex Tannoy speaker designers so likely very good products. Best to go listen and ask to use Sony dn1080 in the demo session if dealer has it. Richer Sounds has. If you prefer towers then i would throw Monitor Audio Bronze 5s in to the mix, same size as Oberon 5s. I would really stretch the budget to max cause you typically keep speakers long time, so make sure you search all possible options.

You might get better higher line standmount speakers for the price of lower serie towers. Example (list prices, i would always ask discount!):

Oberon 5 + Oberon Vokal 700£ + 299£
Opticon 2 + Opticon Vokal 649£ + 429£

Or even cheaper if buying ex demo pair:
Thanks for this both! Good advice Gasp3261 very informative and I will look at the kefs and possibly higher level standmounts as long as my receiver would do them justice. 👍🏼

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom