Question Help from you clever lot - need an 'in the meantime tablet' Fire HD 10, Lenovo M10, Huawei MediaPad T5 or other??? ...

emmielou1107

Novice Member
Evening all,

I need some help choosing a tablet for now.

Long term I will be getting a surface pro or a high spec 2in1, but that won't be until next year when I am looking to start the new business.

So, for now, I am looking for a budget tablet, with a larger screen, that will do a half decent job. I am not expecting the performance of a high end tablet, but don't want something juddery or that I have to wait to load up a page for five minutes.

I will be using it for surfing, streaming on the odd occasion, but not so worried about sound as I have portable Bluetooth speakers. I would also like to be able to scribble on it with a non linked stylus (for notes / thoughts etc).

I would be open to a refurbished option or older model if it would be better for me.

Your thoughts and opinions would be gratefully received.

I have already read / watched a few reviews, been on Which, but now looking to the experts and trialers out there 😉

Thank you,
Emma

cant speak to budget but there all support a pen for notes - thats the stumbling block in your requirements as there are lots of cheap good tablets, but ones that also support a stylus... not so much.
if you can live without that theres plently sub £200 but othwise this lot maybe

emmielou1107

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply. I used the wrong terminology in my message I think. As long as I can write on it, with a pen or stylus, I'm happy. Knowing that would you have any more specific recommendations??

Thanks again

cant speak to budget but there all support a pen for notes - thats the stumbling block in your requirements as there are lots of cheap good tablets, but ones that also support a stylus... not so much.
if you can live without that theres plently sub £200 but othwise this lot maybe

Sorry - I am not sure I understand the difference between what your asking for and a list I provided of tablets that support writing on them. Personally I dont have a tablet that supports writing on it in any way so I cannot endorse any of them just pointing you in the right direction.

New ipads will also do this I think at around £349 plus the price of the apple pen , pen support really pushs the price up.

nheather

Distinguished Member
A stab at the differences, though I’m not sure which is a pen and which is a stylus

• You have the thing with a soft conductive tip that simply emulates a finger but with a finer tip - all tablets support this
  • A thing that electronically interacts with the tablet to record x and y coordinates and a button, much like a mouse
  • A thing that electronically interacts with the tablet to record x and y coordinates and a button but also pressure - so like a real pencil you can draw feint lines or bold lines or anything in between
Potentially on top of that you have tethered (have to plug into a port on the tablet) or wireless.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom