1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help from intergraters for Cat5e Matrix Switch

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dunco, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Dunco

Dunco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AV Matrix Switch over cat5e

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any intergraters with experience in AV Matrix Switching over Cat5e?

If so what product are you using?

Dunco
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Dunco
    Send email to Dunco
    Find More Posts by Dunco
    Add Dunco to Your Friends List
    Today, 04:55 PM #2
    vex
    Distributor

Trader Rating: (20) For composite AV switching you can look at AV Nex as an excellent solution, we have it running in both commercial and residential environments.

For Component video you need to look at a bigger budget and for a Krammer style switch but it will only switch the three video channels, the audio has to pass over a seperate cat5e cable.

Hope that helps.

Chris

vex
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to vex
    Send email to vex
    Visit vex's homepage!
    Find More Posts by vex
    Add vex to Your Friends List
    Today, 06:05 PM #3
    Dunco

Trader Rating: (0) Futher Reasearch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been researching some product and have found a unit. The switch is made by Network Technologies Inc. in the USA. The VEEMUX SM-nXm-C5AV-LCD is a cost effective piece of kit, But then I found out you have to use NTI Local and remote senders. Little bit more expensive but still all up a reasonable package. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use this unit? Has anyone used this with C-Bus or any other intergrated control?http://www.networktechinc.com/avmtx-cat5.html