1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help from existing owner of Panny SCHT 1500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Ben_S, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Ben_S

Ben_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one of these on order, and its taking a while to arrive. In the meantime I've already ordered a load of clobber to get it connected to my screen and I think I may have gone overkill.

My question is can the 1500 allow you to watch one av source whilst recording another - ie could I watch terrestrial whilst recording the input from my freeview box, record freeview to HDD whilst watching a DVD or record freeview whilst watching terrestrial - all with only the 1500 connected to the screen.

I ask as if I can sent some leads & terminal boards etc back now I'll save over £100!

Thanks

2. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You can certainly record a source, say a sky feed to the hard disc while watching a DVD, I tried it earlier today and it works fine.

3. Ben_S

Ben_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - arrives tomorrow so I'll have loads to play with!

4. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Does it have the TIVO-like ability to rewind live tv? I read about "time-shift" but this only seems to be the ability to start watching an uncompleted recording.

5. Ben_S

Ben_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have the kit - to answer my own question the answer is no.

I have a panasonic plasma with out tuner or speakers. I had the screen only connected to the 1500 and the freeview box connected to the 1500. If its recording either via AV2 and the freeview box or from its own internal terrestrial tuner it is unable to display the other AV source. I've gone belt and braces and actually bought a second freeview box so the any 2 channels can be viewed and recorded - looks a bit clunky though...