Help from AVF & OGC members

Barmelo

Banned
I know this thread is likely to get moved soon but hopefully it will stay in this section for a bit.

I have a Thrustmaster wireless usb key to connect to the internet on my PS3. For a few months now i've had the problem of not getting into games or being logged out mid game. Do you think my problem is caused by the USB key or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I assume the key is plugged into your PC and the PS3 then connects wirelessly to it.

When you say 'can't get into games' do you mean the game loads but can't connect to the online aspect or that the game won't load at all.

I use a wireless connection (a wireless router - not the thrustmaster do-da) and find that i get kicked out of games occasionally. It used to happen a lot on rainbow6 but seems to have improved recently. I haven't had a problem in connecting into an online part of the game unless I have just been kicked out. If you get kicked out of a game back to the XMB it is worthwhile restarting the PS3.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Barmelo

Banned
yeah thats what that stupid key is and yeah it happened to me at least once a day on R6V, getting kicked out but it's been ok on warhawk but i'm assuming thats their fault and not mine...for now

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I think you'll find that if you were to ask everyone who has a wired connection and the people who have a wireless connection which one is more stable, you'd probably find the wiredpeople say theirs is and us wireless people would agree. From all the posts that i've read, wired seems to improve connectivity but doesn't make it 100% stable. Is wired an option for you. Can you run an ethernet cable from your modem to your PS3?

Barmelo

Banned
yeah i could but i could only use Ps3 online or the internet at one time

Barmelo

Banned
Thats the one. Yeh i'm wired to the PC then that sends a wireless signal to the PS3 so u reckon a decent router is the way to go then? Might go with the wired one as i seem to have no problems when wired and it's cheaper lol :D ****ing ******** network error kicked me out of Warhawk i was on a roll too :(

A

Adails

So you have a normal broadband modem, something like this with a single ethernet connection connected to the pc then shared via wireless to the ps3? Yeah cut out the stuff in the middle and get a decent wireless modem router so you can connect directly.

Did you see the link in the wahawk thread? Something like that would be ideal.:)

Barmelo

Banned
no way i think i've found an old wired router in my wardrobe lol if i put some pictures up can you give me some help lol. yeah did see the link in the WH thread looks cool and it would be here soon.

Barmelo

Banned
will do just be a sec.

A

Adails

Are you using cable then? what make is the router as I can't see? the pics are too blurry.

Take the ethernet cable out of your pc and plug it into the router. Then connect the router to your pc with another ethernet cable. Connect another ethernet cable from the router to the ps3.

Barmelo

Banned
right 1 sec ill try that now. BTW the router is a speedtouch

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom