Help - Fraud?

hodgey66

Long story short my mum bought a horse box which turned out to be faulty upon driving it back. When she asked a local garage to collect it to fix, when they got there it was gone. The seller said he had assumed my mum had collected it. Only issue is he had the only key, so his story is it was stolen.

Cut forward to today and my mum has finally received all her money back via insurance. However, she's also noticed this guys partner is selling horse boxes again.

Is it best to contact the police, go through the courts? We've still no idea what happened to the original horse box, and it doesn't seem right that he declared himself bankrupt at the time which meant we had to go through insurance, to now be back up and selling again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Long story short my mum bought a horse box which turned out to be faulty upon driving it back. When she asked a local garage to collect it to fix, when they got there it was gone. The seller said he had assumed my mum had collected it. Only issue is he had the only key, so his story is it was stolen.

Cut forward to today and my mum has finally received all her money back via insurance. However, she's also noticed this guys partner is selling horse boxes again.

Is it best to contact the police, go through the courts? We've still no idea what happened to the original horse box, and it doesn't seem right that he declared himself bankrupt at the time which meant we had to go through insurance, to now be back up and selling again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, report it to action fraud or your local police.

Also.. if you were due to bank transfer him, report it to your bank who will contact his to review.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom