Help for wedding video - which DVD format and player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ianblackburn, Jul 20, 2002.

1. ianblackburn

ianblackburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently recorded my cousins wedding onto mini-dv using a Sony PC100, and would like to present a dvd of the day, together with a cheap dvd player (under £100) to the happy couple as a present.

What is the best format to use for the dvd (DVD-R?) and can you recommend a good value budget player that will play it.

Cheers

Ian

2. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Ian,

If you intend to edit your video on your PC and then burn a DVD the first question is do you already have a DVD burner. As this will determine what format you use. If you don't already have a burner then you are into some serious expence before you can do this.
    I have the Philips DVDRW208 which records +RW media and produces excellent results that play fine on most recent DVD players and PCs.

3. ianblackburn

ianblackburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a burner but was planning on getting one of these for myself anyway - so I don't mind spending out for it. I'll use it for data archive too probably.

Cheers

Ian

4. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Definitely consider the Philips. Find details of it here www.PCstuff.philips.com , and buy from PC world. It comes with basic ripping software. I can recommend Sudio version 7 editing software as being cheap, flexible and easy to use.
    With this you can produce quite impressive results quickly and painlessly.
    Have Fun
    AndyS