help for Toshiba 42 wh36

bigscreencrazy

Novice Member
Reaction score
i recently bought Toshiba 42wh36 from soundand vision online after reading from demon . picture was great. but i noticed that
there was not auto swift on to sky . tv connect to sky+ via scart on EXT1. i check on picture setting where scart on. the question is Is it fault in TV. my old sonny Tv28 where the same connection,tv swift on to sky straight.

now i have to push EXT on remote every time to watch sky.

please advise.

Hi BSC,

I have the same TV and it will auto switch when using Sky or DCD.

Is the scart control switched on within the settings on the Sky box?

Paul.

I am right on the edge of buying this TV - do you have any good/bad things to say about it ?

I read in a review that convergence is manual and need to be done all the time, is this the case ?

The pictures I have seen in local shops seem great to me..

I bought this tv after reading great reviews. It had awful convergence problems which I manuualy corrected but the following day had to do the same thing again. After 3 engineer visits I gave up and bought the LG 44sz21rd which I find clear, crisp and good value. I have not seen any rainbow effects (a supposed problem with this set) and am very happy

I don't know whether I had a duff set or whether the problem is more widespread, but it sounds the latter

Well I have nothing but great things to say about this TV.

The convergence was awful when it first arrive and the normal convergence menu didn't help very much, but if you follow Demon's service menu instructions, it make for a pretty perfect picture.

The review didn't go into the service menu, so I can understand what they meant. The only thing you do have to do is the convergence for each picture mode (Wide, 4:3 etc).

Hope this helps.

Paul.

don't do a service-level convergence when you first get this tv, give it a couple of weeks to 'break-in'. then, do one, and the results should last a pretty long time!

it's tempting to do it when you first get the tv, but just do the basic convergence through the tv menu at first. you'll find that this needs adjusting every couple of days. just persevere for a while before doing the service-level.

i've had my 42wh36 for 4 months and it looks the biz

Thanks guys, seems this is the one for me.

TV and Video direct have three in stock, so I'll order it first thing tomorrow (when the wife is out so she dont hear the cost!)

thank mralphman.

i put scart on sky picture setting.
the guy from toshiba helpline told me that fault in tv.
i am awiating reply from soundandvision online.

Can these TV's deal with a scaled picture from an external scaler though there component feed ?

I hope they can cope with 576p from an external scaler. As a result of other threads saying they could cope with PAL progressive input I've bought a SVGA to component cable for my ISCAN Pro which I'm planning to recycle for use with my Toshiba when it arrives. The ISCAN cost me a fortune a few years ago so I'm determined to use it even if I can't spot any immediate advantage over the internal deinterlacing.

Has anyone used an ISCAN with the new Toshibas?

Whats the frequency responce on these sets once they are set up correctly

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom