Help for the ahrd of hearing

Dariad

Novice Member
We just purchased a new NANO85UNA smart TV. It's a beauty BUT. My husband is hard of hearing and needs headphones to watch TV. There's nothing wrong with my hearing so when we watch together, he wears a headset and I listen to the TV speakers. Imagine my shock and horror when I found out that our brand new TV allows only ONE way of listening. EITHER headphones OR internal TV speaker. I can't even attach two sets of headphones so both of us can watch at the same time. (I have a wireless set and a bluetooth set). Anybody know a way around this incredibly stupid engineering so we can watch some shows together?

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The best bet I think would be to use an optical to analogue converter, as the optical output will normally stay live with the speakers on as well.

Something like this should work:

Amazon product

Dariad

Novice Member
Thanks but there are no inputs on this tv that would take any of the cables. It will accept a bluetooth installation only.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
If you look on the back of the TV you will find it has an optical audio output.

This will connect to the adapter I have suggested and give you a usable headphone output.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
You might need something with some amplification though. In my experience of these converters, the analogue output level isn’t that great.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom