Help for newbie please

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Mistral1, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mistral1

Mistral1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to sound thick but could you tell me how i can sync both my ipod shuffle and ipod touch2 to the same laptop so they can both have the same music on them. :)

TIA :thumbsup:

2. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Just plug them both in and itunes will sync to either. You don't have to do anything special, if you want exactly the same music on them.

I have three ipods, that all sync to the same library, its easy when you want the same music, if you want different music from the same library then just set different playlists up for them and set the ipod to only sync with the playlist you want on it.

3. Mistral1

Mistral1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I choose different music from the playlists for each one ?

:thumbsup:

4. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Yes

Create a playlist called Ipod1 (or something) then put all your music for this ipod in this playlist.

Create another playlist called Ipod2 and put all the music you want in their for the other ipod.

When you first connect each ipod in turn, select the Music option on the Ipod option screen in itunes and select to sync 'selected playlists' and select the appropriate playlist for that ipod. Repeat for the other (or further) ipods.

From now on when you sync each ipod, they will only sync whatever is in their specific playlist.