1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for future competitions

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dejongj, Jun 27, 2005.

1. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    I still can't believe that I missed this months competition, anyway I won't let that happen again. My problem was that I just couldn't get the file-size small enough. Like-wise I had also throuble with the image size which just lost the sign-text at 800x600 or less....

I think this must be my limited computer skills, could anyone be bothered to take a look at the entry I had selected and explain to me how can reduce the file-size and image-size whilst retaining the impact and readability of the sign....

http://jeanpaul.smugmug.com/gallery/620361/1/26286603

BTW In that link you can also see my alternative I just selected to get an entry in...But I was too late...

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just link the image Jean like this [​IMG]

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right click your image from your site and copy the url when you post. Can you see the lil icon of the mountain? press that and stick the url for your photo direct from your web space

I like that shot by the way

4. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    Seany you are a star!!!!!

Until now I only was able to put a link in....Now I know the way to embed the picture...

And this works on the competition pages as well? Great...

I like that shot as well! Made specifically for this months competition on my holiday in Lago di Garda two weeks ago...It was tricky for me and I learned a new technique to get both front, middle and back in focus whilst being so closeup to the sign....I tried with PS to 'lift' the text a little, but whatever I tried made it look too artificial whilst it is a really old sign...I tried the layer multiplication trick which made it all to dark...I tried copying just the sign to a new layer, invert and then erase all that is not text but it was too gimmicky....Have you got any other ideas?