1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for Denon AVC-A10SE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Grubert, Jun 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.
    I've just bought at a very competitive price the AVC-A10SE (because they're discontinuing it, I guess). It goes with a JM Lab Chorus set: 3 LCR 700s, 2 SR 700s and the subwoofer.
    My problem is that when I listen to stereo material (in Stereo or Direct modes), the subwoofer always fires, regardless of the Subwoofer mode setting.
    The retailer has reproduced this phenomenon on his display amp, so he says it is normal. Is it?

Thanks a lot.

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    When listening in stereo ( or direct ) change the volume off the sub to OFF

To do this you have to lower it all the way past -12db

Im just listening to the new JLO album and the sub is going CRAZY on -12 but definatly goes off when i take the volume lower

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I assume you have your fronts set to LARGE, otherwise the bass below 80hz is being sent to your sub so you will need it on.

Also check that the bass redirction is set correctly for your taste. If your rears are small you may prefer sedning their bass to the sub, rather than to the sub and fronts, if it's set like this.

Rick

4. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm, this is right and it is designed to do this. I can't confirm the exact mode of operation on this unit, but you could probably guess!

Thus the unit will operate with full range hifi speakers or a sub-sat system for high quality stereo as well as HT.

Regards, Matt

5. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Yes, I have all speakers set to Large. I think I'll just turn down or switch off the subwoofer when listening to anything not demanding a heavy bass load.

Thanks to all.