• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help for a virgin streamer !

russ_fae_fyvie

Standard Member
Having been totally baffled on here with all sorts of details liek file formats, etc, I would like to ask a simple question from someone who doesn't know anything about media formats.

I have a new Apple iMac in my Study and I will be downloading TV progs, films, etc from the Internet that I would then want to watch on my new HDTV.

I have a dLAN 200 AV Starter Kit which I can plug into Power Sockets near the TV and the PC.
What I need to know, (in simple terms please!) is what other hardware do I need at the TV end and the PC end to enable me to watch the recorded progs ?

I also use a Zyxel P660HWUK01 ADSL Modem Router at the Apple end to connect to the Internet.

I'm assuming I can stream from the Apple to the TV via the dLAN kit, but I need advice on what I also need to do either end to watch any content I have on the Apple, on the TV ??

ta

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom