1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for a friend

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SCAMP, Aug 28, 2003.

1. SCAMP

SCAMP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Pany PW5 at home and use a JS Tech box for the sky with my DVD Denon 2900 going through component. I use the
    video board in the plasma rather than the tuner. Everything works great.

I am in Spain(Morraira) and visiting a friend who has bought a Pany5 plasma. His system works OK except that his sky is in black and white.

He is using a scart to s-video converter to run a s-video cable to the plasma from the sky box. I can not get it to display in colour.
    When i run the s-video cable without the converter from DVD player to plasma it is fine.

I am proposing sending him a JS box (scart-pc)so he can use the PC input
    on the plasma but am not sure this will work.

Any ideas/advice would be of great help.

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only thing i can think is that you have not selected s-video on the sky box scart output

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Most Sky boxes do not output an S-Video signal (with a few noteable exceptions like Grundig's offering). Result if you try = a black and white picture as your friend has discovered :)

There are two options - the first is to obtain an S-Video compatible digibox and leave the connections as is. The second (and probably easier) is to use a lead like the JS RGB-VGA one and connect via a different input :)

K.