1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for a beginer

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TREVOR FINLAY, Feb 4, 2003.

1. TREVOR FINLAY

TREVOR FINLAY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ihave orded a home cinema system and need help to wire it?

I have

sanyo z1
    h-kardon dvd 25
    h-kardon avr 4500
    yamaha sw 320

(old kit)
    video
    sky
    ps 2
    digital sat
    37" grundig tv (4:3)

I need to know which is the best quality way and cable type, 12.5 mtr's long to my Z1, then how do i wire my dvd vid sky digtal sat ps2 to my Z1 and my 37" tv?

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    While I normally have no problem with basic first steps advice for newcomers, I read this post earlier tonight (well last night actually) and came to the conclusion that it was either a wind-up (in which case it is spectacularly poor by the standards here - credit Comer) or it was so poorly put together that it did not deserve a reply. In either case I had resolved to ignore this one. As it appears that no other member is willing to respond I can't resist......

Trevor,

There is a well established practice on the net of using all uppercase letters to indicate shouting - your choice of style for your sig on this forum is an unhappy one, imo, and I trust that shortly you will receive a PM from one of the Mods here asking you to re-register with a more suitable sig. (Kramer please note, I think this is a reasonable request).

In the event that you have ordered a Sanyo Z1 and all the rest of the kit listed in your post, I think that the following text:

is (almost) unintelligible. It also stretches the imagination somewhat that you've ordered a HK AVR 4500 and a Yammy Sub, but want advice on which speakers and cable to get ??? If you browse the forum here and use the search facility I'm sure you will come across posts dealing with ways to hook up multiple sources. I also suggest that taking a little more care in explaining what you want to do is likely to result in a more informative response.

Sorry if this sounds like you're being "told off" :lesson: , this is not intended to be cruel or a "put down". Members here are generally helpful in the extreme to newcomers seeking advice - please try again with a little more care in your posting.

Sean G.