• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help fitting a Clarion PU-2294B

kpfarmer1

Standard Member
I recently bought a clarion pu-2294b to fit in my peugeot 106. I fitted this with no problems but when I turn the ignition off and then back on it keeps asking for the sercurity code and losses all my settings.
:lease: help,as I thought this stereo would fit in no probs as it is a peugeot fit.Perhaps it's because my pug is a 1997 and to old for the live feed.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Hi

You have the Switched and Permanent feeds crossed over.

Have another look at your cables and see if there is a way of swapping these over (usually, they are on separate bullet connectors so they can be interchanged).

If not, you will need to cut them and rejoin them.

Steve

kpfarmer1

Standard Member
Hello stevelup

I just plugged it into the block connecter that was in my car.There was 2 block connecters that just plugged into the back of the stereo.How do I know which wires are which and where they should go.As you can see by my technical discription, I don't know alot about this.:confused:

Kenny

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Did your player come with any documentation which shows which colour wire is which?

If so, you need to find the following:-

12V Permanent or Memory or Backup

and swap it with this one

12V Switched or Ignition or Acc

Don't hold me to this, and don't try it without checking first, but I reckon it will be red that you need to swap with either yellow or orange.

You should be able to work it out if you have a multimeter or test lamp.

Steve

the colours on the car will be different so be careful.

Also if i remember correctly some iso radios have a fuse/link that can be swapped for this reason. check next to the connector

kpfarmer1

Standard Member
Hello
Just had another look.There is a thick blue wire,a thick yellow and green,a thick pink wire and a thin orange wire.I think the blue is ignition live,the y and g is earth and the thick pink is the live feed for memory.
I bought the stereo of ebay,so no instruction book and no wiring loom from the stereo.Would it worth buying a loom for the stereo as this would only serve as an extension lead wouldn't it?
Thanks for your help so far.
Kenny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom