Help first game blues

djcla

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK,

Got the 360 pad and Juiced 2 (i know but it was a fiver) anyway install game set to 1280 x 720 and highest levels.

I play the game first off not 5.1 ??

Next in the game the graphics are all over the place , weird tearing / redrawing to a point where i cant see where the car is. The game is smooth etc. ANy ideas?

Dave

Hardware details in my sig. and running win7

I play the game first off not 5.1 ??

You need to have your audio device set to 5.1 in the windows settings. Are there any audio settings in game, I'm not familiar with that game.

Next in the game the graphics are all over the place , weird tearing / redrawing to a point where i cant see where the car is. The game is smooth etc. ANy ideas?

Install Fraps and run it with the fps counter on screen so you can see what's going on. Tearing is usually fixed with vsync, if you're fps is over the refresh rate of the monitor.

You need to have your audio device set to 5.1 in the windows settings. Are there any audio settings in game, I'm not familiar with that game..

Yes audio settings but nothing interesting just volume i was hoping for bit streaming not PCM :(

Install Fraps and run it with the fps counter on screen so you can see what's going on. Tearing is usually fixed with vsync, if you're fps is over the refresh rate of the monitor.

oh right now where is Vsync option located cant see one in the game menu's. I think its tearing the graphics are all over the place in the game.

Last edited:
Yes audio settings but nothing interesting just volume i was hoping for bit streaming not PCM :(

:lesson: Sound in games doesn't work like in DVDs/BDs. PCM is basically the raw audio from the game and is how it should be. It's possible to convert to DD on the fly with some sound cards, DDlive it's called, but you would only do that if optical was the only option for your output.

oh right now where is Vsync option located cant see one in the game menu's. I think its tearing the graphics are all over the place in the game.

There's a vsync option in the ATI control centre if there isn't one in the game (which I would be surprised at). Get the fps checked with fraps first so you know where you stand.

And if Wolver's advice of enabling vsync in the CCC doesn't work you can always use D3D Overrider which will vsync you to 60hz AND apply triple buffering.

Best littal app evah!

well i have looked though the CCC and cannot find a vsync option anywhere and the game settings are useless...

this is what the game looks like

Last edited:
In CCC it may be called some thing like 'wait for vertical refresh'.

In CCC it may be called some thing like 'wait for vertical refresh'.

saw that it made no difference at all... you see in my screen shot the picture is all messed up maybe its not a vsync issue

saw that it made no difference at all... you see in my screen shot the picture is all messed up maybe its not a vsync issue

Your screen grab is in 'windowed' mode, just wondered why that was? Try it full screen at the native res of your monitor.

Just looks like the graphics are crap.

If you're getting 30fps, vsync won't sort it anyway as it the refresh rate will be 50 or 60.

Your screen grab is in 'windowed' mode, just wondered why that was? Try it full screen at the native res of your monitor.

same effect full screen weird grey bars and break up of graphics everywhere like the re drawing of the screen is really slow... You can see it just above the front 2 cars in the screen shot

I could not get Print screen to work in fullscreen mode...

Hopfully sfIV will arrive tommrow and i can test that

same effect full screen weird grey bars and break up of graphics everywhere like the re drawing of the screen is really slow... You can see it just above the front 2 cars in the screen shot

I could not get Print screen to work in fullscreen mode...

Hopfully sfIV will arrive tommrow and i can test that

Something not right there at all.

Check and see if Juiced has had a patch, you never know, might sort it.

looks like a faulty graphics card to me. can you try any other games or demo's to see if it happens on every game?

having said that i had this what looks like this problem and it only showed on driving games where it looked like there was block lines going right through the level. turned out it was a faulty card still. have you oced it using overdrive? set it back to stock if you have and try it then.

looks like a faulty graphics card to me. can you try any other games or demo's to see if it happens on every game?

having said that i had this what looks like this problem and it only showed on driving games where it looked like there was block lines going right through the level. turned out it was a faulty card still. have you oced it using overdrive? set it back to stock if you have and try it then.

oh great, all the overdrive options are greyed out.. Maybe the beta drives im using i could try that.. First time i have ever played a game on it, need to get hold of a demo of dirt 2 or something to test further

oh great, all the overdrive options are greyed out.. Maybe the beta drives im using i could try that.. First time i have ever played a game on it, need to get hold of a demo of dirt 2 or something to test further

There's a liitle "Lock" icon in overdrive to unlock it.

When i seen the 30fps on the image are you 1280x720 @30hz? if so try setting to 60hz in CCC. Easily get above 30fps on that game with that card so made me think you had 30hz settings.

Image looked weird but could you get some full screen images up?

No idea whats wrong there yeah you need to try other games or demos to see whats what.
Install Steam and try a few demos.

Have read it's locked at 30fps, my display is set to 50 but I tried 60. I have installed latest ccc drivers and tried 3dmark which worked on the whole not lightening quick but it worked. Will try sone demos and fingers crossed sfiv and let u know. Also try to get more screen grabs

OK sfIV arrived but before i play , it wont let me sign in to the live account. I just get to the downloading profile screen and it comes up with a network error. Tried juiced to signed in showed my username then asked for code put that in and got to downloading profile and error same. Is it to do with the code being used before or something. Or is there really a port i need to open on router. I can log into games for windows app just fne btw..

if the codes bin used before by someone else i dont think you can use it again, i think it says as much when you first register. always have problems with gfwl tho.

you shouldnt need to open any port the problem might be their end so just keep trying.

OK sfIV arrived but before i play , it wont let me sign in to the live account. I just get to the downloading profile screen and it comes up with a network error. Tried juiced to signed in showed my username then asked for code put that in and got to downloading profile and error same. Is it to do with the code being used before or something. Or is there really a port i need to open on router. I can log into games for windows app just fne btw..

I remember this problem from when it was released. IIRC it was something to do with the GFW app. Try updating it to the latest version.

I remember this problem from when it was released. IIRC it was something to do with the GFW app. Try updating it to the latest version.

i thought i had the latest version tbh only downloaded it the other day but i will check.. I take it gfw app dont need to be running to login via the game?

i did find this page but alas it did not work for me, i could try disabling my router firewall to check if it is a routing issue but i really dont think it is.

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/6688.aspx?PageIndex=8

Spent most of the day trying to get this working its ******* me off now some what...

I know, and PC gamers wonder why people like consoles so much! :suicide:

Have you checked that the GFW app isn't blocked by either windows firewall or one of your own? I find that I usually get prompted by windows to add a MP game to the firewall rules when it's running. Alt+Enter out of the game and see if there is a pop up for it.

I know, and PC gamers wonder why people like consoles so much! :suicide:

Have you checked that the GFW app isn't blocked by either windows firewall or one of your own? I find that I usually get prompted by windows to add a MP game to the firewall rules when it's running. Alt+Enter out of the game and see if there is a pop up for it.

Windows firewall not prompt me for anything and I even tried turning it off.. Good news is that it works this morning :). I read somwhere about mtu needing to be 1500 on router so I changed that back before bed (I had it set at 1200 to fix Internet dropouts) this morning under upnp on my router the htpc was listed too. Tried the game and it worked very odd and not really sure how I fixed tbh.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom