1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help finding the right tv...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jkuy9, Dec 27, 2002.

1. jkuy9

jkuy9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking for a nice 28 or 32" widescreen TV.

I am not too fussed about the make however I have been mainly looking at Sony and Toshiba.

I am looking for the following features...

50Hz and 100Hz - I feel this is pretty important as even though 100Hz is nice it doesn't suit everything and I would like to change if i feel 50Hz would be better.

A nice crisp, sharp, natural looking picture - i know this is obvious but I want the best quality i can get for my money, even if i lose some features.

Nice clear sound - i dont want any satellite speakers so i was thinking virtual dolby?

2 RGB SCARTs - this isnt a must however I would like to use my XBOX and Sky Digital via RGB as it does look better.

Split Screen - again this isnt a must however when i was looking at a sony in my local sony centre i did like the way i could watch 2 channels (would be handy with my girl!)

My budget is £900 max, i can put on extra for delivery etc however i dont want the tv itself to cost more than £900.

If anyone has any model numbers please just post them, i will do the research. Although if you have been in the same situation and have any info for me (sites etc) please share :)

Thanks to all who reply.

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    the 28pw9617 sounds good for your specs but i think it is around the 930 mark, prices could go down soon in the new year.

evans

dont know if it has PAP picture and picture or just PIP picture in picture. But it does have split screen for text picture