Help finding a streaming/player box

Burkeforlife

Standard Member
HI All

I'm moving into a new house next month and I am trying to find a streaming box that could cover all the requirements below but I'm struggling and could do with some real world advise. I'm not sure it is even possible or would have to be covered by a couple of boxes or the TV. I used to have my PC in the same room as my main viewing location that covered any gaps but it will now be in its own office upstairs.

The room in question will have a TV (purchasing now) supplied via a Denon AVRX2300 Receiver I already own.

The family watch UK TV Catchups (BBC ITV etc) Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ YouTube and Twitch.

Music is provided by Amazon Music and would like it to be able to play via that.

Lastly I would like to be able to "extend/cast" my pc that will be situated in office upstairs to the TV. This will be for a variety of reasons (Photos, Videos, internet browsing, Sky Go, light gaming etc) My pc has a Nvidia GTX1660 if that helps with streaming options.

The house is also fully gigabit networked so I can directly plug the box and PC into the same network or link directly via ethernet.

JonMace

you can do it all with a firestick, but casting from another room will be a real pain. chromecast with google tv may also be a better idea for the gaming

Upvote 0

Burkeforlife

Standard Member
Thanks JonMace, Yeah I was fine with the Firestick/Chromecast for most things but not sure about the screencasting from PC,

has anyone used a shield and can you stream the full desktop from a PC or is it just the game that it can stream?

Upvote 0

JonMace

if you open chrome on the pc go to the 3 dots, click cast, at the bottom of the list is source click the down arrow, click cast desktop, then click the device you want to cast to, now the PC will mirror cast anything on the PC Screen. This works for chromecast

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom