Help finding a phone number

S

SlayerX

Hi all,

It's my first thread, so be gentle. ;)

Okay. Here's the deal: I deleted my inbox, because I was thinking of selling my Pebl. In my inbox I had numerous texts from a female friend (who lives in england) so I did the smart thing and wrote her number down before I deleted the texts.

Or at least, I thought that I did the smart thing, because the number that I wrote apparently isn't active. So I'm a little bit screwed as well as being really upset.

The thing is, the number that I wrote down has 44 at the beggining of it, I'm not entirely sure that I should be using this code as I'm also in the UK (Scotland)

The number is: 4478557**** (I've blanked out the last 4 digits for privacy)

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do.

Thanks a lot. :)

milkmanchris

Hi all,

It's my first thread, so be gentle. ;)

Okay. Here's the deal: I deleted my inbox, because I was thinking of selling my Pebl. In my inbox I had numerous texts from a female friend (who lives in england) so I did the smart thing and wrote her number down before I deleted the texts.

Or at least, I thought that I did the smart thing, because the number that I wrote apparently isn't active. So I'm a little bit screwed as well as being really upset.

The thing is, the number that I wrote down has 44 at the beggining of it, I'm not entirely sure that I should be using this code as I'm also in the UK (Scotland)

The number is: 4478557**** (I've blanked out the last 4 digits for privacy)

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do.

Thanks a lot. :)

Drop the 44 (UK code) and add a 0

ie 0785 57****

milkmanchris

Hey. :)

Would that work, though? I mean, it's only 10 digits. Shouldn't it be 11?

You must have copied it down wrong, 44 is the UK country code the number that follows is the phone number minus the zero.

For example me 07776 15**** becomes actually +44777615****

Hope this helps

If she misses you she will txt back eventually

S

SlayerX

You must have copied it down wrong, 44 is the UK country code the number that follows is the phone number minus the zero.

For example me 07776 15**** becomes actually +44777615****

Hope this helps

If she misses you she will txt back eventually

Thanks for that. And yeah, I suppose I did jot it down incorrectly... gutted.

Thanks anyway, mate. And we'll see if she gets back in touch.

Cross your fingers. :)

milkmanchris

Thanks for that. And yeah, I suppose I did jot it down incorrectly... gutted.

Thanks anyway, mate. And we'll see if she gets back in touch.

Cross your fingers. :)

You could always check your bill?

Failing that try facebook or myspace see if you can find her there

send 10 texts and add 0-9 at the end of the number you've got, you might've just missed one number off :smashin:

S

SlayerX

You could always check your bill?

Failing that try facebook or myspace see if you can find her there

Nice idea, unfortunately I'm not on a contract. Pay as you go.

Update, though. I found her on facebook, I'm just about to send her a message.. hopefully she still has net access, because that subject is a little tentative.

Thanks for the facebook idea, hopefully it works out. :)

insomniak123:

Nice idea! I might actually try that. With orange online you can send 30 free texts a month, so I might just get onto that idea now. :)

I don't really know which number I missed out, though. It could be the first, it could be the last and it could be one of the middle digits.

The number begins with "0785" Does that look like a legit first 4?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom