Help finding a networked amplifier

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Stephan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Stephan

Stephan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my entire music library on a Plex mediaserver on my Freenas. And I am now looking to upgrade my ethernet-less amplifier to a networked amplifier and could use some help trying to find the 'right' amplifier.

I currently have 5 sets of speakers throughout the house: one is 5+1 for the TV (hooked up to 'A' speaker option of my amplifier), and the other 4 sets are just 'Left/Right' and those are hooked up to my amplifier via a non-networked Niles SVL-6 that connects to the 'B' speaker option of my amplifier. What I'd love to be able to do, is to use any device (windows, android, ios, ...) to decide which music to stream from my Freenas-based Plex server to my amplifier - which would ideally then also give me the option to select (through the app) which speakers to play it to. A or B or A+B would already be fine (through my Niles), but if the amplifier would have more hookup abilities to also let me select other speakers via the network, that would be just brilliant. Does anybody know of anything that would allow me to do this?

Thanks much!