Help. Fibercommand IROVF+XG and Sky Q

sparky560

Novice Member
After some help. I was lucky enough to be in the USA recently and bought a Fibercommand cable

PureFiber® XG - HDMI - | Pre-Terminated Hybrid Fiber Cable with HDMI 2.1 8k

for use with my new LG C1 and Sky Q.

Once I received the cable I tested it using the hotel TV and my own Amazon Firestick, all good.

Now I've got home I've thankfully connected the cable between the Sky Q and TV prior to installing it in the wall and it doesn't work. The TV detects the Sky box so I'm guessing the seperate coax is working for CEC but I cant get a picture or sound.

Put the same cable into the Firestick and it works fine.

Tried Sky Q on all resolutions, still wont work.

Why the Firestick but not Sky Q? Any help would be much appreciated.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Have you tried powering down completely the Sky Q and TV, as in unplugging/switching both off at the power socket?
The Firestick has an HDMI plug at the end…are you using an adaptor to connect to the HDMI cable which as far as I can see has HDMI plugs at either end?

sparky560

Novice Member
Have you tried powering down completely the Sky Q and TV, as in unplugging/switching both off at the power socket?
The Firestick has an HDMI plug at the end…are you using an adaptor to connect to the HDMI cable which as far as I can see has HDMI plugs at either end?
I've powered down the Sky Q but not the TV. I'll give it a try.

I did use an adapter to connect Firestick to cable at the source end.

sparky560

Novice Member
Slight progress. I turned power off to all devices and then reconnected. As the Sky Q boots I can see the black initialising screen but as soon as that stage is complete I get a No Signal message from the TV.

Any ideas? What's Sky implementing differently from the Firestick?

UFO 8KH

Novice Member
Post moderated.
UFO 8KH Any repetition will be regarded as spam.

Attachments

• shade.jpg
    shade.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom