Help Error message

susie8383

Standard Member
Hi all
I have a message that comes up now and again when opening my PC.
"TPSrv Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Anything you are working ion may be lost. Please tell microsoft about this problem. Send error report etc"

Some times my PC closes, sometimes it freezes and sometimes it doesnt cause a problem and I just close it.

Is there anything I can do thats simple as I am not very technical when it comes to computers.

Thank you

spyder viewer

Suggest you tell us what pc you have and if possible what features. Do you shut down every time or go into standby?

susie8383

Standard Member
Hi
my computer details are AMD athion 64x2 dual core processor 4800 2.5 ghz 960mb of ram windows XP.
I dont have to shut down the computer every time just close the error message and carry on, sometimes it closes its self

thanks

spyder viewer

Sounds like you might have an oldish pc there. What virus and firewall do you use?

spyder viewer

I've just noticed it's time for your annual visit to AVForums! ;););)

susie8383

Standard Member
Yes it is quite old. I use Panda secutrity and it has been ok up till now. I did have a virus about a year ago and had to have it repaired and thats when I started using Panda, this has only happened within the last week or so.

spyder viewer

Well I'm afraid the treatment's going to be very similar to last time!
Do you keep your virus checker up to date with all the regular updates?
Have you backed up all those photos just in case?
Download malwarebytes Malwarebytes Special Offer! and run it.
Let us know how you get on!

susie8383

Standard Member
Hi there

I already ran the Malware bytes programme and that didnt find anything. I have run the hotfix so will see if that has gotten rid of it. Come to think of it the error message came at the same time as when I renewed the Panda security package.
thank you for all your help

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom