Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HELP : error code 35,36,37 and input dc offset

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by firezab8, Jul 24, 2004.

1. firezab8

firezab8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

i was using my pronto 950 to learn the AV192r codes after a while the amp gave me these error codes. the technician came and told me that pronto was the cause

is he right , anyone face this before ??

Thanks

Anthony

2. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Anthony,

I don't think it's the pronto, but more a problem with one of the sharcs not not running ok. Perhaps because the Crystal on the mainboard that drives the sharc (21065L?) core clock has gone dodgy. Do you also hear distortion (clicks) when lots of processor power is needed like when playing DD+PLIIx+TMREQ?
    I've experienced this in the past with my unit, so that's why I think this could be the cause.

So, I'm afraid the unit has to pay a visit to Huntingdon.
    The current or former Tag/IAG guys (Roversd 1, Steve, Udo and Taxhamster) probably can tell you if I'm correct or not and give you more info.

3. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Anthony, the remote cannot cause your problems. The error codes 35, 36 and 37 are pointing at a problem with the main board. However, before you panic, I would power down the AV192R using the front panel on/off switch and then start the AV192R again. Now look out for these error codes again. If they reappear, you should contact IAG's helpdesk for further support.

The error DC offset are generated when an input signal has a too high DC content. You should check the source for any problem when this error appears.

hope this helps...

4. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    It would be nice if someone would put here PDF list with all Error Codes for SP, DP and 192, maybe DVD32R too.

5. firezab8

firezab8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when playing DVD there were some intermittent music here and there. I tried to power down the unit. it did not help. don't tell me that the DVD also fail at the same time ! :mad:

6. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

No, I don't think it's your DVD player, but the AV192R not able to handle the signal in a proper way. As Udo and I mentioned it's probably a problem with the AV's motherboard.
    So I would give the guys at the IAG Helpdesk a call on Monday and they let you know how to proceed.

Good luck!

7. firezab8

firezab8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you.

8. firezab8

firezab8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wrote to the TMA help desk and got a very disapointing reply. I was told that Quote "there were no records of compatability problems between a Pronto and TMA products."

The technician said he will do the repair this time and insisted that I use back the orginal remote or he will not honour the warranty and TMA Replied is

"UNfrotunately, the retailer provides the warranty so it is up to them as to what terms and conditions they have, however, from your email, it does appear that they are behaving oddly towards the use of the Pronto.
    All we can advise is that you abide by there rules (unless they infinge your statutory rights) and makes sure the AV192R is repaired."

very disapointing !!!

any comments anyone ???

9. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As stated already, the Pronto has no bearing on the behaviour of your AV192R.

The distributor has been informed already.

10. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If the bit clock is playing up then the DC offset message can show as one of the 21065L's tasks is DC offset detection and if the data gets clocked in incorrectly it makes the code falsely state that it's got DC in it. This can also show up if the 33MHz core clock is going wrong as then all hell breaks loose!

Nasty case of herring rouge regarding the Pronto me thinks :)

11. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi firezab8, your distributor is on the case!