HELP ! Epson TW7400 + Denon AVR-X3500H a big problem!

FinnedSgang

I have a terrible problem with my Denon AVR-X3500H and TW 7400.
All sources no longer come out in FHD but in very low resolution when the HDMI OUT 2 (where the Projector is connected) is attached.
I don't know how it happened but while it worked perfectly fine for two years now, from a week ago, anything connected to the av receiver is displayed on my TV in low resolution (640x4xx something). Consoles, Firestick 4k, etc. displays fine when connected directly to the TV, but not when connected to the Denon...

Trying to troubleshooting the tirst thing i noticed is that the screen flashes several times before it stabilize, seems Is like to adjusting the resolution, also if none of the sources are connected. I tried the to disconnect all the sources but the flashes were still there.

So i disconneted the second HDMI output, the Epson 7400 videoprojector and magically everything worked again. So the problem is on the videoprojector i suppose or the second HDMI output, or the cable ( a 10m fiber optic HDMI cable that replaced a standard HDMI cable 1 year ago because i had a no signal issue ). I tried to leave the second HDMI output and disconnect the AC plug from the Epson, but the problem persist.

The only way to let the source work correctly, seems to disconnect the HDMI out2

The videoprojector meanwhile have a no signal error.

Timh

Distinguished Member
Is the Denon selecting auto out for HDMI?
I had a different issue but fixed it with selecting HDMI out manually on the Denon to the projector (HDMI 2 out on my setup)

FinnedSgang

Nope the problem persist also if i select to manually output on HDMI 1 or 2, i also thought at First that It was an edid problem

Timh

Distinguished Member
Would it not be worth trying a short HDMI cable to rule that out?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom