HELP! Epson TW-5300 Purple spot on white screen, green spot on black one

Kingofmottinos

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm pretty desperate, I fear for my beloved Epson TW-5300. Tonight I noticed a purple spot almost at the center of the screen, noticeable especially on a white background. The spots turns greenish on a black one. I hope only have to clean the dust filters or maybe replace the lamp (but I have 1000 hours of usage and on the epson website they say that the lamp should endure 7000 hours...)... please help! D:
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-07 at 02.31.43.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-07 at 02.31.42.jpeg

Edit: first image, there's even a green spot in among the cloud I didn't notice... :(

Hi! I'm pretty desperate, I fear for my beloved Epson TW-5300. Tonight I noticed a purple spot almost at the center of the screen, noticeable especially on a white background. The spots turns greenish on a black one. I hope only have to clean the dust filters or maybe replace the lamp (but I have 1000 hours of usage and on the epson website they say that the lamp should endure 7000 hours...)... please help! D:View attachment 1126683 View attachment 1126682
I have this issue - did you ever resolve it?

This is just a dust blob on the green panel (the reason is magenta on white is becouse the green is missing on this spot, light can not pass through because of this dust blob and the bly and red make us magenta). If you open it and blow air exactly at the green panel (without unplug anything, just open the case) will go away.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom