Help - eBay not abiding by their Money Back Guarantee Policy and Closed case in favour of Seller

Dear @WozzaB,

Ebay only got involved and asked for postage/delivery proof from the seller because you opened a case, and too soon it seems.

Yes, I get that now, thank you. That is why I received the emails saying that the seller asked eBay to step in. That must have been when they provided the tracking to eBay (a rep confirmed over the phone this morning that this is what happened this morning), who then closed the case in the seller's favour.

On the point of not trusting the seller to refund you, what gives you this impression? Poor feedback maybe?
I'll happily refund a buyer if the item is confirmed as lost, whether it's £1 or £1000, and I always I use the appropriate shipping method with full insurance.

I always place trust in each and ever seller I purchase from; that is what you do in a binding contract. I have just been scammed in the past, or had seller's unwilling to refund or assist. Most are helpful, from my experience. But the prior makes your less trusting and wanting to sometimes just open a case, for example. Again, I gave my reasons above and I noted to be even more patient in future.

Yes there are bad sellers on ebay, but there are also a lot of good sellers, and you said one of your sellers contacted you to say they will help to resolve the issue, so that should be giving you some confidence that they will do what is needed to make it right, despite having a ruling their favour already.

Yes, that is positive. Let us watch this space.

Kind wishes,

fallinlight

What's done is done, just concentrate on getting your stuff or getting Hermes to say it's lost or deemed lost due to amount of time has passed, to get a refund from Ebay.

Just keep going at Hermes, and don't stop.

What's done is done, just concentrate on getting your stuff or getting Hermes to say it's lost or deemed lost due to amount of time has passed, to get a refund from Ebay.

Just keep going at Hermes, and don't stop.

Thank you so much, @realfrankturner. I will.

Again, one email for one of the items in the order even says incorrectly,

"Based on your communications with the seller, we see that you received the item".

And eBay do not give two craps about that or any errors.

I even had a Manager on chat and another agent on chat yesterday, telling me that the items were delivered.

They do not listen. Again, they only want proof of non delivery when an attempted delivery has been made and the item has still not arrived.
OK, I am not ignoring your points and trying to upset you, just trying to help, but this is exactly why you don't open a case until the item is classed as lost and the seller doesn't want to help, I believe with Hermes the tracking will update accordingly once one of their reps classes it as lost on their system, you will then have proof that the item has been lost and not delivered and an ebay case will be a whole lot easier to open and win.

Just trying to help you avoid this happening again in the future, it's best not to get ebay involved until you have exhausted all other options. If you deal with any future issues the same way you are now, then unfortunately you will more than likely have further issues.

But let's see what happens with these 2 parcels, still a good chance they will arrive at some point.

Cheers

I believe with Hermes the tracking will update accordingly once one of their reps classes it as lost on their system, you will then have proof that the item has been lost and not delivered and an ebay case will be a whole lot easier to open and win.

Yes, hopefully. But I remember tracking for Hermes via Parcel2go never updating past in transit, item was lost. I really hope that does not happen here.

Just trying to help you avoid this happening again in the future, it's best not to get ebay involved until you have exhausted all other options. If you deal with any future issues the same way you are now, then unfortunately you will more than likely have further issues.

Yes, thank you so much. As I said above, I have learned a lot from this experience.

🙏 :thumbsup:

I, and I'm sure many others on here can sympathise with you. I've had a couple of bad experiences with couriers where the item hasnt arrived but you need to wait for the item to officially be declared as lost before putting in a claim. I had to wait 3 weeks for an airfryer I had bought but was not delivered, the tracking info kept saying 'your item will be delivered between x and x time today' it was like this for weeks. I contacted the seller to let them know after the delivery date was missed then just held fire until it was declared lost and got my refund. Patience is everything ;)

I, and I'm sure many others on here can sympathise with you. I've had a couple of bad experiences with couriers where the item hasnt arrived but you need to wait fore the item to officially be declared as lost before putting in a claim. I had to wait 3 weeks for an airfryer I had bought but was not delivered, the tracking info kept saying 'your item will be delivered between x and x time today' it was like this for weeks. I contacted the seller to let them know after the delivery date was missed then just held fire until it was declared lost and got my refund. Patience is everything ;)

I appreciate all the sympathy so very much, it has supported me strongly the past night.

.. is a virtue.

Yes, hopefully. But I remember tracking for Hermes via Parcel2go never updating past in transit, item was lost. I really hope that does not happen here.

Yes, thank you so much. As I said above, I have learned a lot from this experience.

🙏 :thumbsup:
If you have the tracking details, you can track the parcel via the Hermes site, if you haven't already done so, I do find that ebay tracking isn't up to date sometimes, I currently have an item that I posted on Monday still showing as in transit on ebay, even though it shows as delivered yesterday on the Hermes site.

If you have the tracking details, you can track the parcel via the Hermes site, if you haven't already done so, I do find that ebay tracking isn't up to date sometimes, I currently have an item that I posted on Monday still showing as in transit on ebay, even though it shows as delivered yesterday on the Hermes site.

This was sent via eBay packlink. I have only been tracking it directly from the Hermes site, alongside the tracking info within eBay.

Yes, agreed, eBay tracking is rarely up to date.

This was sent via eBay packlink. I have only been tracking it directly from the Hermes site, alongside the tracking info within eBay.

Yes, agreed, eBay tracking is rarely up to date.

Have you tried contacting packlink? It is them the seller appointed to deliver The items and not Hermes. I would be expecting packlink to chase up the delivery status for you.

Have you tried contacting packlink? It is them the seller appointed to deliver The items and not Hermes. I would be expecting packlink to chase up the delivery status for you.

I never considered that, and simply thought packlink was another name for the service connected to Hermes. Not once did eBay ask me to contact packlink, only Hermes. I will try them then! Maybe I can get proper information from them and if still needed, the proof of non delivery.

Oh my word, 20 seconds in and I can see a chat option. This is very hopeful. Will update soon.

If all else fails, take a few days off work and scour the streets of whatever part of London you are in chasing down Hermes vans GTA style looking for your parcel!

If all else fails, take a few days off work and scour the streets of whatever part of London you are in chasing down Hermes vans GTA style looking for your parcel!

I actually did that once for an expensive guitar from Japan! Had my friend drive my Ma and I all the way to the depot and back. I think the information provided at the depot was the address it was actually delivered to instead of mine, which turned out to be a house a few blocks away.. the person who lives/ lived there is a Royal Mail delivery man.. ah hem. Just saying, a bit fishy in the dishy!! Otherwise, a coincidence. Why did this man not just pop over to my house and give me my guitar? Surely he had the know how and or my address?

Both parcels arrived 1 hour ago. I am relieved.

Dodgy carrier, he first only brought one parcel. Then only when I mentioned to him that I am expecting another did he say, 'Oh..', checking my address and door number, 'I think there is another one'.

I expressed my sympathies to his hard work and said how overworked he must be, which he acknowledged and told me that he was covering for someone else. He said he was also waiting for parcels from China, Christmas presents.

Thank you all.

Kind wishes,

fallinlight

Very pleased for you :thumbsup:. Can you tell us what they are now?

Very pleased for you :thumbsup:. Can you tell us what they are now?

Good evening @IronGiant,

Kind thanks. I noted what they are in my first post at the very top, please check. The parcel contains precious near mint and mint video games and accessories - I am a collector.

I also received another of my parcels from Hermes later.

Kind wishes,

fallinlight

I hope your going to leave the seller positive feedback, they didn’t do anything wrong.

Last edited:
I hope your going to leave the seller positive feedback, they didn’t do anything wrong.

You're not the seller are you? :rotfl:

Talking of Hermes...checked my emails earlier and have a run of emails from them, for my wife, saying they have the order, it's out for delivery and was delivered tonight. Errr, no it wasn't and nothing has been ordered.

Thought it must be some sort of scam then. Decided I wont click any links in the email and take the tracking number to their website to see what's going on.

Entered the tracking number and it's from a delivery that was made about 5 weeks ago! A look back at emails shows there were no emails at the time for the delivery. Quality system they have!

Will still check tomorrow there's nothing dodgy going on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom