1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!..DVD's on my Dell PC running XP!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dealmaker, May 7, 2003.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Due to a major system crash (courtesy of my kids...GRRRR)... I have been forced to upgrade the operating system of my Dell PC from 98 to XP - evrything seemed fine EXCEPT the built in DVD player won't now play DVD's - it seems that the DVD Rom drive (a Toshiba) aslo has a separate DVD card made by a compamy called Cinemaster - the DVD card driver has been picked up by XP but not the Dell DVD player programme and try what I might I can't seem to get it to load the player software (pobably because it was designed for 98/95)

When I try to play DVD's through Media Player - all I get is a pink/lillac screed with horizontal squiggly lines and snatched excerpts of sound - I think I need to find some software or something to play back the DVD's?

Anyone kind enough to point me in the right direction - I'm wary of loading any old software from the internet in case I get a load of advertising /popups (sure this contributed to my sytem crash in the past!)

Many thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I have WinDVD in my laptop....works very nicely with Win XP.
    A bit surprised that the WMP version with your new OS doesn't replay DVD's properly.