Help! DVD Players with SCART S-Video out connection port?

rashomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are there any good (but not too expensive) DVD players with SCART S-Video out connections? My TV plays RGB really poorly so I have to use S-Video.

Most players seem to have a dedicated S-Video out connection port and I'd like a SCART one.

I think both the Pioneer 444 and Toshiba SD220e provide a RGB only SCART out .... doh!

Cheers for any info

Rashomon

Why not get an S-vid to Scart lead?
I don't think many dvd players output S-vid through scart. As you point out, most have an S-vid DIN socket.

Hi

The Toshiba 210 can output S-Video via the Scart, so no reason to think the 220 wont either. I wouldnt have thought Toshiba would have changed this.

The S-video out socket is normally fixed (obviously!) but you should be able to select RGB, S-Video, Composite for the Scart output. This was also possible on my old Panasonic A360.

Hi Rashomon,

My Sony DVP NS300 outputs S-Video via the Scart (you just select what you want from the DVD menu). I presume the new NS305 does so as well. Cracking player too. :)

The Pioneer DV-444 can output S-video on the SCART too.

AFAIK most DVD players can give S-video through the scart. There's either a menu option in the DVD menu, or a physical switch by the scart socket.

Originally posted by John Jennings
AFAIK most DVD players can give S-video through the scart. There's either a menu option in the DVD menu, or a physical switch by the scart socket.

I'm with you on that. Nearly all players will do s-video. Try and get it via scart if you can to allow auto AV switching and widescreen switching for NTSC titles.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom