1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP : DVD fails to play in my Sony DVD player

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by LondonCloggy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. LondonCloggy

LondonCloggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I am new to this forum, but have seen some really good answers on other questions. I have got the following question:

I have created a DVD with InterVideo WIN DVD Creator 2 adding some AVI files from my camcorder - all is well, get the message that the burning has completed. Then, it does not play in my regular DVD player and it does not play in my DVD burner either ?

:lease:

I have got a Samsung SH-W08A DVD R/RW writer, a JVC camcorder (bought in US) and a Sony NS705V DVD player

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    When you have the DVD completed & place it in your computers DVD drive, double click on "My Computer" then right click on the DVD drive containing the disc & select "Open". What files do you see ?

3. LondonCloggy

LondonCloggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It says 'disk in drive E is not formatted, do you want to do this now ?' then I press Yes and it says 'disk can't be formatted'

4. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If you are tring to create DVD-Video discs as per DVD spec then you shouldn't be formatting the disc. You should be supplying the burning package with an unformatted disc & burning the files created by your authoring program. If your disc has been successfully created when you open it in explorer on the computer you should see at least a " VIDEO_TS" folder & hopefully that and an "AUDIO_TS" folder.