Help - DV Drivers for Windows XP - an idiots plea!

OneDesi

Hi

I have a HP SX2000MT PC with a Panasonic NV-DS11 miniDV camcorder and I'm styuck!

Following recent threads I have bought a GeForce 5500 graphics card, Ulead Videostudio 10 plus and today a firwere card for the PC and guess what, I can get the film off the camera - the PC wont recoginse the camera!

I know the firewire card works as my maxtor external drive works through the firewire card and connection.

The graphics card installed and works okay as well.

I'm runninh windows XP pro but it looks like there is no recognition of DV (all USB stuff works okay)- please help this is getting me down as all I want to do is recover the few bits of home video and I've spent over £150 so far!

OneDesi

Now I'm really confused, when I connect the camera to my HP laptop with a 4pin to 4 pin - it works!

The 6 pin PC card is quite a decent Belkin Jobbie!

senu

Novice Member
gsrai said:
Now I'm really confused, when I connect the camera to my HP laptop with a 4pin to 4 pin - it works!

The 6 pin PC card is quite a decent Belkin Jobbie!
..Maybe its a duff, Belkin quality control may have gone on tea break and it managed to slip past them :rotfl: !!

MarkE19

Yep, just because it is brands new doesn't guarentee it works :rolleyes: . Another firewire cable often solves this type of problem.
Adding firewire to any XP PC does not require any drivers as they are all part of XP. USB requires software/drivers for everything you connect to the PC, but firewire just uses a single generic driver.

Mark.

ralphmalph

Novice Member
If you firwire hard disk works with the same cable that you are using for the camera then the cable and the firewire card are fine. Make sure that you have plugged the firewire cable in to the right slot on the camera, my Pansonic has a firewire and separate usb connection that are physically the same. Then make sure the camera is swithced to vcr mode (or playback mode).

OneDesi

Cheers Ralphmalph - mine only has a firewire out 4 pin style - looks like the external hard disk will solve all the problems!

Top Bottom