Help Drive crash, Software that picks up .xlr & .ged files

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Flyder, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Flyder

Flyder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone suggestions for free recovery programs to restore the following crash problem:

I have used recuva portable to sort out the system recovery to a point. However it only seems to have done pdf's in the office data section. Lots of jpgs...too many really.

Before I try a factory restore I would like to recover all the Works files and some gedcom files. I think I am 98% backed up, but want to be sure........time ticks on without you realising.

Many thanks

2. sparky10

sparky10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Hi, I have used the software below to recover lost files and erased memory usb sticks before, it should recover hard drive files as well, I put the link in below for you to try.
    Download DiskDigger | DiskDigger

3. Flyder

Flyder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and send the link. I have had a look at it and am not sure it can do what I am asking. I was hoping to be able to specify .xlr and .ged files only. I have abut 1-200 of those to find, I cant realistically sift through 30,000 jpegs too. The good thing about it is it doesnt install so may give it a go as a last resort, but would value other suggestions specific to .xlr and .ged retrieval.