HELP! Downgraded back to OS 3.1.3 and cannot restore backup!

nicolanicola

Standard Member
Help! I upgraded my iPhone 3G to OS4.0 tonight then realised some of my jailbroken apps wouldn't work. So I promptly went about downgrading it.

I have successfully downgraded to 3.1.3 but when I try to restore my back up it says..."the backup [name of iphone] cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old"

I need it back on 3.1.3, so how can I get it to install my backup?

Really appreciate any help here, I'm panicking because as it stands I have lots all my numbers, messages, apps everything
Frown.png

Danielclo1il

Help! I upgraded my iPhone 3G to OS4.0 tonight then realised some of my jailbroken apps wouldn't work. So I promptly went about downgrading it.

I have successfully downgraded to 3.1.3 but when I try to restore my back up it says..."the backup [name of iphone] cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old"

I need it back on 3.1.3, so how can I get it to install my backup?

Really appreciate any help here, I'm panicking because as it stands I have lots all my numbers, messages, apps everything
Frown.png

Quick Tip: Downgrading 4.0 beta to 3.1.3

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Do you have an older backup you can restore from? It sounds like you upgraded to OS4 and then did a backup at some stage. Now you're back on 3.1.3 the 4 backup won't work so you need to select and older 3.1.3 backup. iTunes usually keeps more than one backup.

nicolanicola

Standard Member
Do you have an older backup you can restore from? It sounds like you upgraded to OS4 and then did a backup at some stage. Now you're back on 3.1.3 the 4 backup won't work so you need to select and older 3.1.3 backup. iTunes usually keeps more than one backup.

I don't know, where does iTunes keep the backups?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Plug your phone in and start iTunes. Right click the phone in iTunes and choose "Restore from backup..." and it should give you the option in a dropdown box to pick which backup you want to restore. Try one of the others listed, assuming you have other backups in the list. You should have as I know mine keeps about the last 3 backups.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom