Help, do I go for Sony KDL40U2000U or Philips 37PFL5522D ?

Jon Read

My parents have the Philips and I love it, I was just about to order myself one when the latest Makro Mail popped through my door to offer the Sony at £549 + vat. This price is approx £50 more then the Philips but within my budget, just.

I have seen the Philips in action every day, and as mentioned, love it. But I haven't seen the Sony. It is 40" so a bit bigger then the 37" Philips, but what about the quality ? I use a seperate sound system, so I don't care about sound quality, but I do care about picture. At the moment I have a Techno Sonic 32" which although great for the price, pales against the Philips. Has anyone seen the Sony in action ? The size isn't that big a deal, so forget about that aspect really. If the Sony is as good as the Philips or better, I would obviously go for that. But if it is not as good quality, but makes up for it due to bigger screen, then I will go for the Philips.

Thanks for any advice !!

ChrisGgr

Take the philips because the sony is an old model and the very basic specs and not good performance

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom