1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help DivX won't play in MCE

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by PannyAdams, Jun 15, 2005.

1. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    They Used to play.......what codec do I need - I have the Nvidea Codec do I need another? If so any ideas where I can get one free?

2. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    OK. Played arround with Codec and can now get Xvid to play inside MCE via My Movies. However, I can only get down loaded ones to play. Not ones I've ripped. Both types play in WMP10 outside of MCE!!!!!!! When I look at the file properties they look much of a muchness....arrggghhh.

Help Please!

3. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Maybe some are divx and some are xvid? If you use GSpot it will tell you what codec the film is encoded with and then you can check that you have it installed.

4. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I use moonlight codec I find that the most stable for playing xvid, divx and SVCD etc

5. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the advice, I will give GSpt and moonlight Codecs a go.

My next problem is that ripping (from VOBs ripped with DVD Shrink) using DVX, that the sound track is way out of sync with the pictures.

Is it really this hard to rip DVD to DivX? All I want to do is save a bit of space!

6. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Thats odd, I am using DVX and don't have sync problems. The only difference is that I rip using DVD Decrypter. Are you demuxing the AC3 soundtrack, or just encoding it to Mp3?

It is fiddly to set up, but now I have the system worked out it is just a few clicks and the pc does the rest.

lisa

7. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

In DVX when I load the VOBs the Audio bit has been selected for me - It seems to have the source as VTS_1_0_Voblst1.mp3 and the Profile says "MP3 160 CBR BeSweet". The Stream is highlighted in orange which usually means there is something wrong. So I select the option that isn't orange 0x80 ir something?

I'm wondering whether DVD Shrink is the culprit because it shrinks the size of the DVD it might slight muck something up there.

What I like about DVD Shrink is that is does an initial parse over the disk to workout whether it will rip ok. Quite alot of my DVDs are ex-rental and are a bit scratched - it's sooooo anoying when DVD Decryter gets 10 minutes into a rip then fails!!!

What do you find is the best process - rip a load of DVDs to disk then batch them up in DVX? Every time I've tried to batch DVX jobs to run it always fails on the second one.

8. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Well, I have never used DVD Shrink, nor tried DVX in batchmode, so can't really comment on that. DVD Decrypter has never failed on me though... if the DVD has a 6 channel AC3 soundtrack I rip it seperately in DVD Decrypter (stream processing) and then point DVX to it when encoding to Xvid. If there isn't a 6ch soundtrack I just let DVX encode to Mp3.

I guess you will have to try a conversion from a DVD Decrypter ripped DVD and see if that solves your sync problem?

lisa