Help: Divx DVD Player and Speakers? (I'm lost)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by top_caty, Aug 6, 2005.

1. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfiends father is looking for a new Mpeg4 (Divx) DVD player and 5.1 speakers but I'm not sure what to suggest. He doesn't want a seperate Amp, just the DVD player and some small satilite surround speakers.

The bit I'm a little confused about is that I guess I will need a DVD player that has an amp built into it? But most DVD players have phono connections on the back but most of the speaker packages I have look at just have bare cables! Advice about this would be appreciated.

Does anyone have some recommendations on a Mpeg4 dvd player and a speaker set? He wants to spend about £100 on the DVD player and £100 on the speakers. He isn't really into all this AV stuff, just wants something that works and is simple.

:lease:

2. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You can get the DVD player and the speaker package with phono connections separately. I have a Pioneer 575 and the cheap Tevion player that Aldi are selling at the moment, both play Divx files. As it is only for a bedroom I then bought the Acoustic Solutions 5.1 speaker package from Richer Sounds which has phono connections and just plugs straight into the back of the DVD player. These speakers are really cheap though and OK for a bedroom but not much else! Presumably there are better quality options around.

Have you considered buying an all in one package so you get the DVD player and the speakers together?

Don't know what these are like but a quick search found these all in ones that plays Divx;

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/111116/art/sony/dav-dz100-home-cinema-sys.html?srcid=36#

Or

http://www.electricshop.com/invt/4068phi113787a

3. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. The Philips HTS3300D sounds pretty good as I believe they make quite good divx players. It does seem to show what DVD player is included in the package though so I couldn't find any reviews.

I also read that the Pioneer 575 is meant to be a good DVD player, I'm really after one that will play everything he throws at it. But what speakers would people suggest I like up to it, would the Yamaha NSP100 plug straight into the DVD player?