Help : Digital Scan / Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by williamka, Jun 26, 2002.

1. williamka

williamka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a SHARP 76EF20H,

Its features include :

Double Scan (100Hz - Line Flicker Reduction) Digital Scan

Now the confusion lies with progressive scan and can this TV accept this type of signal, I would like to run a console in this mode.

I know digital scan is an alternative to progresive scan but if I had a tv with progresive scan would I notice any difference since digital scan does a similiar thing only it does it at the tv. can anyone give me the low down on this.

On a side note.

This model didn't stay on the market for long anyone know if their was a specific reasn I should be aware of?

2. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Panasonic TX32PB50 which has 100Hz advanced digital scan and progressive scan so I think that digital scan is not the same as progressive scan.

100Hz digital scan refreshes the screen at twice the frequency of a normal set (50Hz) and progressive scan displays all 625 lines of a screen in one go instead of the image being interlaced.

Neil