1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- Denon DVD Rattling noise!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kumamoto, Aug 23, 2004.

1. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have had this denon dvd2900 since october last year and has perfomed beautufully until yesterday.

However, i noticed since yesterday everytime i play a dvd, the dvd rattles continiously and the rattling noise can be heard about 4 metres away with the sound muted or low.

Has anyone expereienced this problem before ?
    The player is still under warranty and i just have to return it to the dealer over the weekend for a repair or swap.

Any information will be appreciated.
    By the way it rattles when playing any dvd's cd's SACD's and even DVD-A!!

2. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not heard of this on 2900's but it's not uncommon on the old 2800 which is pretty much the same (minus DVD-A and SACD). The problem is that Denon transport is s***t! Mine (2800 MkII) went back for repair as it kept freezing and when it came back was very noisy when playing all discs (CD's or DVD's). It's settled down a little now but is not ideal. Only thing I can suggest is get the dealer to have a look. If it has to go back to Denon for repair you'll be waiting ages for it to come back. I presume you've ensured that it's sat on a solid, level surface?

3. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks fordster
    Yes, it sat on on a decent equipment rack.
    It's definitely going back and i shall INSIST on a new replacement.