1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help !! Denon AVC-A10SE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by keelby1, Jul 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    All of a suuden I have lost the centre channel on my A10SE. We do have young children in the house so I'm hoping its because theyve mucked up the settings....
    Ive obviousvly checked the speaker connections, and the centre is definately getting powered. The amp is set at pro logic and not stereo.

Ive done the on screen set up with test tones and dont get anything from the centre.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, as the amp is new to me, so basically I'm not very familier with it

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Sounds like they've either changed the settings to no centre speaker or reduced the centre channel level right down. If you have the Onscreen Menu up & running, check the Speaker Setup to make sure the Centre Speaker is selected. If that's ok then check the Channel Levels, either the main Channel Level setup or the individual settings for each mode. :)

3. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ive checked the speaker levels and theyre ok it also turned on. I'm getting a very very faint tinny sound from it when I play cd's in 5ch. stereo, sky, but little or no sound with dvd's
    I'm no techinical wizard, but I'm beginning to think the little darlings havent done a thing and something has blown

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Just try this to check if it's the speaker or amp that is the problem. Just swap one of the main left or right speakers over with the centre speaker and see what happens. Also check the centre speaker on one of the other amp channels.

5. keelby1

keelby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Jase
    Youre my hero! It looks the the centre speaker is knackered and better still its under warranty!
    Thanks for your help

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Easier to get the speaker sorted than the amp! Could just be a case of changing the driver for a new one (hopefully!) :)