1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!! Denon amp problem...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by andy_mac, Apr 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. andy_mac

andy_mac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was using my Denon AVR1803 amp yesterday with no problems, it was left on standby over night and now it won't switch on!

Every time I try to turn it on it just switches to standby and the led flashes.

Is my amp dead?? The manual says to turn it off for a while, so I unplugged it for about 4 hours and turned it back on, but the same thing happened again.

Please help!!!!

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I used to have an 1802. I think I had a similar problem when one of the speaker wires was shorting to another so triple check all of the connections at the back and make sure that there is a reasonable amount of ventilation around the unit.

If they don't work then come back for more ideas or just to let us know that it's working. :)

3. andy_mac

andy_mac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I've just taken out all the cables from the back, put the speaker cables back in as well as the optical cable for my dvd player.

Plugged it in, turned it on and again the led flashes, i hear a click then it goes into standby with the led flashing.

any other ideas? :lease:

4. wallzy

wallzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i had the same problem with the 2105 i took it back to the shop got a replacement the same happened again aparantly it was a batch problem

wallzy