HELP:Denon 2800mkII refusing to play 'The Return of the King'

E

El Mariachi

I have a Denon DVD2800mkII player which I have had for about 6 months and which has been excellent for both DVD and CD playback, but I bought 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' (R2) DVD and put it in the machine and if refuses to play it. I get a 'Disc Error' message on the display.

I originally thought it was a faulty DVD and returned the disc to where I bought and they gave me a new one. When I put the new disc in I got the same error.

I have tried the disc on a couple of different players and it plays fine so I would say it is something to do with the player. Does anyone know what might be causing this or if there is a way around it? The bonus disc plays fine, the problem is just with the movie disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

El Mariachi said:
I have a Denon DVD2800mkII player which I have had for about 6 months and which has been excellent for both DVD and CD playback, but I bought 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' (R2) DVD and put it in the machine and if refuses to play it. I get a 'Disc Error' message on the display.

I have had no problems playing my ROTK, R2, PAL version on my Denon 2800 mk II so maybe your firmware that's making problems?

What firmware version do you run?

-Claus

im having roblems playing kingdom of heaven 2 disc special edtion dts R2 the bonus disc playes fine no problems what so ever but the feature disc wont play on my denon dvd 2800 MK 2 it plays fine on evry other dvd player i have triede it on any one have any ideas why tis is ??

My firmware is: ESS 9104-4 Drv 1-69-0

Ronni

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom