1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP:Denon 2800mkII refusing to play 'The Return of the King'

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by El Mariachi, Jun 20, 2004.

1. El Mariachi

El Mariachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon DVD2800mkII player which I have had for about 6 months and which has been excellent for both DVD and CD playback, but I bought 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' (R2) DVD and put it in the machine and if refuses to play it. I get a 'Disc Error' message on the display.

I originally thought it was a faulty DVD and returned the disc to where I bought and they gave me a new one. When I put the new disc in I got the same error.

I have tried the disc on a couple of different players and it plays fine so I would say it is something to do with the player. Does anyone know what might be causing this or if there is a way around it? The bonus disc plays fine, the problem is just with the movie disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Beeblebrox_dk

Beeblebrox_dk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had no problems playing my ROTK, R2, PAL version on my Denon 2800 mk II so maybe your firmware that's making problems?

What firmware version do you run?

-Claus

3. Fernandezhola

Fernandezhola
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im having roblems playing kingdom of heaven 2 disc special edtion dts R2 the bonus disc playes fine no problems what so ever but the feature disc wont play on my denon dvd 2800 MK 2 it plays fine on evry other dvd player i have triede it on any one have any ideas why tis is ??

My firmware is: ESS 9104-4 Drv 1-69-0

Ronni