1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Denon 1601 (now 861) surround pre-eq probs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ydnar, Apr 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ydnar

Ydnar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the title says I have a Denon 1601 (new model is 861) AVR.

Problem is that some of the surround channels no longer produce any sound, and some work intermittantly (spelling?)..ie: 5 Channel Stereo works on the right side but the left pops in to join the right at random, sometimes staying on for a while, then going back to just right again. The other options are Matrix, Video Game, Jazz club......you get the picture, all pre-eq settings.

Also, the speakers and wires works great on other compatible systems.

All the speaker wires are good and I'm lead to believe the problem is internal, as opposed to speaker outs, for some of the surround channels (Options...paramaters?) do not work at all.

I've cruised around many forums and sites to find an operators or repair manual. Cannot find anything. None of the threads I've read deal with my particular problem.

I would even like to try to Reset the 1601 but have not found the way to do so.

I'm not sure what other info to provide, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very greatful....and will provide what other info necessary.

As you can see, I'm trying the DIY path instead of taking in for repairs,, which will the the last step.

Thanks in advance

2. Ydnar

Ydnar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    /Bump

This has been posted several weeks and no replies? Am I saying something wrong here?

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi, To reset hold down on the front panel the speaker A and B buttons then turn on. The front panel should light up. Release buttons.

Good Luck