• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! Deciding on speakers

usualsuspectx

Novice Member
I’m getting ready to buy this weekend. I am going for the Rega elex-r as an amp and a Rega P3 for a TT. My room is 18x18x8. Listening position will be 10-11ft away.

Need recommendations on floor standers. Budget for speakers is no more than $1500.

I’ve heard

Dali Spektor 6 - $750 a pair. Sounded great to me, but I’m a beginner.

Wharfedale 11.4 - sounded good to me but I don’t think the listening room was as nice as the first place that had the Dali’s.

I’m thinking maybe Dali Oberon 7’s or Wharfedale Evo4.3 or 11.4.

I can listen to the 4.3’s this weekend, but there’s not a lot of places to listen to speakers in my area.

I listen to all kinds of music. Primarily rock, but have many different
genres in my vinyl collection.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Your question might be better asked on the AVS forum in the US; they’re likely to have more experience of what’s available to you over there and what they might cost.

In the meantime I’d suggest you try to find a pair of used, or discounted Rega speakers.

The current RX, or previous RS range would seem suitable.

How big is your listening room?

gibbsy

As you are going for Rega in the TT and amp departments then why not look at the Rega RX3/RX5 speakers as suggested by @Paul7777x above. Buying new from a single dealer could give you leverage for a fair discount.

'How much will you knock off it........' is always my opening gambit.

Good luck on your search but remember, auditioning is essential.

acgingersnaps

Prominent Member
Rega Elex R owner here. Buy with confidence. Drives my speakers with ease (rarely get anywhere near 10 o'clock on the volume). Sounds great. Low profile, yet built like a tank. Love it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom