Help!!! D:

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
I think I've got a big problem today..... I went to buy a graphics card from someone through PayPal. So I sent the cash to the seller via PayPal. The seller sent me the money back in a refund saying the item was out of stock, I went to check my bank account having just purchased the product somewhere else to find the refunded money not in the account. Sure enough, on PayPal it says the £290 is under temporary hold by PayPal! Help!!! When I googled this there's thousands of pages saying 3 weeks to as long as 6 months to get the money back with many never getting their cash back at all! :O!! I need that money! I've emailed paypals customer support to ask what's going on.

qwerty321

Best thing to do is to call PayPal. I think they do all this for fun.

Happened to a relative recently, a few hundred quids worth of payments he had sent out were reversed as suspicious but it was all in line with his normal account usage!

Last edited by a moderator:

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
qwerty321 said:
Best thing to do is to call PayPal. They are total a**eholes and I think they do all this for fun.

Happened to a relative recently, a few hundred quids worth of payments he had sent out were reversed as suspicious but it was all in line with his normal account usage!
Would this be the same though? The original payment was approved and not treated as suspicious but then the refund was taken from me :/ also doesn't it cost a lot to ring up big companies like this? And is it possible to claim the interest back off PayPal for putting my account illegitimately -£260 for no good reason? God damn them......

Last edited:

mbren26

Novice Member
Happened to me a few months back. I rang them and they told me the money would be back in my account within 5 days. It was so all was good.

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
mbren26 said:
Happened to me a few months back. I rang them and they told me the money would be back in my account within 5 days. It was so all was good.
How soon after the call did you actually get it? I need it by Tuesday :/

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
just got through to customer service, turns out its a clerical error, the refund was so quick after payment that before pay pal can transfer back my money, they have to receive it from HSBC then send it back. So its all fine. can a mod advise as to weather i should leave or close this? i imagine its not just me whos worried about this before?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom