Help: Correct setting for ProgScan DV88+ & Panny6

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by terence8888, Mar 15, 2004.

1. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have a Panny TH42PW6 and an ARCAM DV88+. When watch R1 movies (Lost in Translation), it shows some noise (i.e. little patches) on the screen if I use the ProgScan. The problem goes away when I switch off the ProgScan. I phoned ARCAM and they say it's not the DVD player but did not give very useful answers. What should be the correct setup for the DV88+ and the Panny respectively (out of all the menus etc.)?

Any suggestions will be hughly appreciated? Thanks!

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there i replied to your other thread.. i have the same problem and mine,it is at arcam for the 2nd time.

they have said they cannot see the problem.. everyone in my house can .:( :( :(

its only on prog scan too.

in the other thread in the plasma board i have posted some pictures

3. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the post. So did ARCAM do anything about it? I'm afraid if I send the unit back to them, they'll say they cannot see what the problem and do nothing. It'll cost me shipment and hassle.

It's so frustrating when you paid good money for an expensive machine and it simply gives you hassle! My ancient Pioneer did not have any problem like this.

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i paid for the dvd player to go back and they returned it saying it was all done.

was excaclty the same when returned to me. :( :( :( so i phoned them up and they paid for ups to collect it.

been on phone today to someone there and they say knowone can see the problem. but its very noticable on mine and i have tried it on another panny 5 series and its on there too. only on prog scan. interlased is fine.

i found someone else on this site who had the same problem and there player had to be replaced.

i would phone them again 01223 203203 ask for matt he dealing with my problem and expain you are seeing the same.

my name is james mackie for refferance

both of us cant be imaging it can we:( :( :(

lets hope arcam live up to there could customer services rep..

dont bother emailing them they wont get it.

keap me posted

5. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks a lot! Will keep you posted...... thanks again!

6. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/DVDPlayers/Arcam/ArcamDV88Plus.php

If you read this review it talks about low level dot crawl on progressive which is similair to what i had on mine with a panny5 plasma.It was a nown 88+ problem over a year ago when i had mine and was suppost to be cure through software up dates but in the end i swapped it for a 27+
    Is this similair to what you are both experiencing

7. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I can't promise it's related but have a look at this dusty old thread from way back in the day. Your post reminded me of the problems I and others were having....

I was getting some interference in PS mode on my Panny AE100 with my DV88+. Initially Arcam said they couldn't see the problem but this was due to it only affecting certain players. My DV88+ was replaced in the end and problem solved, Arcam were really good.

8. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think "dot crawl" referred to in the review is what I'm experiencing. I bot the 88 for its progscan and now it seems that it's pretty useless! I'll try to contact ARCAM for an answer but I'm not holding my breath.

When you pay so much for a topflight dvd player, shouldn't you expect it to at least work?

9. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Perhaps its an issue with the display , not the player. Have you tried an alternative progressive scan DVD player with same meterial in to your plasma to confirm where exactly this fault is?

Gordon

10. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have gordon and its fine , i have even tried my arcam in another panny 5 plasma and i can see the same problem

11. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all fixed and fine :D :D :D

12. terence8888

terence8888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    jmack: did ARCAM fix it for you? Or did you fixed it yourself?

I have not got time to contact ARCAM yet (they seem to take 5pm very seriously, i.e. after 4.55 nobody picks up the phone!!!!)

13. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    matt frost at arcam got it fixed for me.

they said they could not see the problem i was seeing but ran some tests, and it came back as a slight deveation from the specs.(dont ask i havent got a clue what that means either).

so they change some changed some component board and all well now. they do take the 5pm home time seriously and i i think friday afternoon is no answer phone day.:D :D :D

but we got there in the end.

do contact them as they seem like a company that wants to help and fix there products to keep there high standard.