Help! COPY function on SKY+ Box

ajwatson

Help please people, does anyone know if its possible to connect ur pc to the SKY plus box to copy out the infomation and burn it to disc??? or are u only able to use a VHS box or DVD recorder.......

Broadz

Distinguished Member
If your PC has a TV card which supports RF in, or scart in, or s-video in, then you could output from Sky box to PC, and use software on your PC to convert the input into MPEG or AVI format, then use DVD burning software to create a DVD that way. But it is obviously far easier to use a set-top DVD recorder.

ajwatson

If your PC has a TV card which supports RF in, or scart in, or s-video in, then you could output from Sky box to PC, and use software on your PC to convert the input into MPEG or AVI format, then use DVD burning software to create a DVD that way. But it is obviously far easier to use a set-top DVD recorder.

Wicked thats good news i do have a tv card in my pc, i take it i just connect the rf out on the back of the sky+ box to the rf in on the pc and the pc should auto tune to find the channel? The i just press red button on remote to copy? and it sends the signal to the pc?? Never had to copy out before so extra info would be great thanks.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Well, you don't need to use the Copy button. Just press play on the Sky+ box and whatever you need to press in your PC software to record.

Copy does nothing special - all it does is allow you to archive multiple entries from your planner to your PC in one go. Other than that, it is just the same as pressing play. Except Copy won't let you fast forward through adverts.

RF is by far the worst quality you will achieve. Mono rather than stereo, and poor quality picture. Use it if you have no alternative - but if you can use scart or s-video/RCA instead, you'll get a much better picture and stereo sound.

ajwatson

I only have astandard TV card which can record terestrial digital tv so i suppose its only going to be RF quality then.....

Cheers for your help :thumbsup:

fernandez

Distinguished Member
I only have a standard TV card which can record terestrial digital tv so i suppose its only going to be RF quality then.....

If your PC TV card is digital only then it can't be done.
The output from the Sky box is analogue

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom