1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP converting MP3's to atrac format with sonicstage????

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by acestar, Jun 2, 2005.

1. acestar

acestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently got the nw-hd5, cracking little playr i might add. however this software is realy annoying me now. i wanted to change all my music into atrac format to save space and hold the quality of my mp3's. all of my wma's convert to atrac but none of my mp3's do. it says that sonicstage does not support that type of file and an error comes up. can anybody help me with this please????? thanks in advnace. am new here by the way and looks ikevery helpful forum :)

2. phlker1

phlker1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should convert your MP3's to Atrac, Perhaps there is a problem with Sonicstage. Try reinstalling it, but make sure you uninstall first and reboot your computer. Hope this helps.

3. Inter

Inter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same problem when I tried converting MP3's to ATRAC while transfering them to my NW-HD3...

I found out that if I connected my HD3 to my computer before I loaded SS I wouldn't get that error message saying SS doesn't support that type of file.

Don't know if it helps you but it solved my problem

4. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Are the files VBR or CBR?

5. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    I have a NW-HD1 and use Sonicstage, I always just transfer MP3's never really transferred WMA's but I always use Constant Bit Rate and it works but yesterday sent some across with Variable Bit Rate and they just wouldn't transfer. You may have to convert them to CBR. Sonicstage what a piece of...

6. acestar

acestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they are cbr's. i really dont get sonicstage lol. i tried connecting the hd5 before it loaded and this didnt seem to make a difference. and iv also tried re-insalling, no luck :(

7. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    Yeh Sonicstage is the worstpiece of software since 'naam. It might be a longshot but u could try contacting Sony.