• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help connecting xbox to my pc to stream music

jaye8932

Novice Member
I am trying to connect my xbox to my pc to stream music etc. Operating system is windows 7 64 bit. My xbox is connected over wifi to my router which is huawei echolife hg521 my pc is also connected wireless to this router however neither my xbox or pc can see each other the xbox says pc not listed and my xbox does not show in the network map. I am joined to an home network, i also tried setting up WMC Extender on the pc although it says no extenders in your network, i procede typing in the 8 digit code but when searching i simply get the message 'unable to find extender setup was unable to find your extender on the network. This issue might be caused by a configuration problem with your network, or your extender might not be connected to the same network'

Both my pc and xbox are both able to connect to the internet but they just seem unable to connect to each other

Things i have tried after surfing the net for answers

Checked all services are enabled including media extender service , PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator, Homegroup provider, telephony, dhcp client, RCP, Network connections etc all are enabled
But the only one that appears to fail is ICS the service wont start when i click start i get the following message ' Windows could not start the internet connection sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer Error 1079 The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running the same process' Would i be right in thinking this could be the main issue here?

Enabled upnp in the router setting

changed ip from dynamic to static - currently set back to dynamic

Turned off all the firewalls including the one in the router

used ethernet cable between the xbox and router - still the same ( i cant connect all the connections using cables as the router only as 1 ethernet port

checked device manager for any yellow flags - no yellow flags everything appears ok

I am really a novice when it comes to this sort of thing so please any suggestions would be great thanks :)

niall campbell

Established Member
you dont need windows media extender

on the xbox controller simply PRESS briefely the big X in the centre of the controller , NOT the blue one

Scroll right to MEDIA

select music and the xbox will scan for any computers , NAS hard drives on your network

go to computer > control panel > network and internet > network and sharing center. Then on left hand side look for CHANGE ADVANCED SHARING SETTINGS. Ensure that Turn On Network Discovery is switched on.
Then ensure media streaming is on , go into the settings and click on your xbox and ensure all file types can be played

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom