Help connecting xbox 360 to Pioneer PDP-428XD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by shredder87, Jan 23, 2008.

1. shredder87

shredder87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It took me ages to work out why I was getting a blank screen when connecting the XBOX 360 component cables to my Pioneer.

The component cables correspond to INPUT 2 on the TV, but I also have a DVD recorder plugged into Scart INPUT 2, so this takes president. Although I could plug the DVD recorder into a different scart socket, the manual does state it should go into Scart 2 (whether this makes a difference or not, I don't know :confused:).

Since I have two devices sharing the same input 2, I alway have to fluff around with the TV's options menu, changing the INPUT select source from COMPONENT to SCART & vice-versa

Seems long winded, anyone else have any advice. I guess buying a HDMI cable for the Xbox will sort out the sharing problem.

On the subject, anyone have any good picture setting they could advice for using XBOX360 ?

2. SodaOat

SodaOat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there

I have my Xbox 360 connected via input 4 (HDMI). Works great. Your Xbox will give you an 'optimal' setting recommendation of 1360x768 which is what I use. I've tried 1080p and 1080i as well. 1080p looks almost too sharpened for my liking and is a lot darker overall than the 'optimal' setting which just looks right. I haven't made any adjustments to the Kuro settings at all.

Note: If you are using your Kuro for sound then the HDMI connection is fine but if you are outputting to an AV receiver or amp you have to use the RCA out as the Kuro will not output on optical digital when the source is via HDMI.

Nick

3. Pioneer Man

Pioneer Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have an Xbox with an HDMI output then I would recommend using that but the component video connection can give a very good picture.

You don’t have to have the DVD recorder connected to Scart socket 2, in fact if you use Scart 1 or 3 you can chose RGB via Scart and this would give a better picture.

If you chose component then set the video out resolution on the Xbox to 720P as most games are made at this resolution. Set the plasma up how you like it, maybe start at the Game setting in the picture menu.

If you just using the speakers on the panel then you connect the audio part of the Xbox component cable into Scart socket 2 via a Scart to RCA adaptor.