HELP!!! Connecting up Component

Y15HAL

I have a Samsung LE40R73BD LCD TV and a Sony HDD DVD Player. All i want to do is connect the 2 using a component cable. I bought a component cable from currys (Belkin PureAV Silver series), and connected them up, but the tv says "no signal", even though the tv is now recognising that a component connection exists. I know this, because when i used to press source, only 'xt1' and 'ext2' were present. Now that the component is connected, 'component' is also displayed. I have made sure that the connection is secure, and have tried removing it and connecting back up without joy! :mad:

HELP!!! :thumbsup:

WAYNEDOLLEY

I suspect that you need to go into the DVD player setup and tell the player that you are outputting from the component output.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Vishal

If the Player has a Composite (Yellow) Output socket move the Green 'Y' cable over to that socket and hit the menu button on the Player remote; now set the player to Output 'Component'.

Now move the Green cable back to the Y Output socket on the player and you ought to have a Colour image.

If the player doesn't have an RCA Composite output you'll need to hook up a SCART cable and reset the Player menu that way.

Joe

Y15HAL

Hello Vishal

If the Player has a Composite (Yellow) Output socket move the Green 'Y' cable over to that socket and hit the menu button on the Player remote; now set the player to Output 'Component'.

Now move the Green cable back to the Y Output socket on the player and you ought to have a Colour image.

If the player doesn't have an RCA Composite output you'll need to hook up a SCART cable and reset the Player menu that way.

Joe
:thumbsup: Top info! got the picture coming up now, but no audio! :rolleyes:
Is there something else i can do?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Vishal

Keep in mind the 3RCA 'Component' cable doesn't carry audio - you'll require a separate audio cable between the Player and the TV; most likely a 2RCA>2RCA or SCART for Stereo audio.

Joe